By Halah Gandeel
In the past few years, the online generation has witnessed a massive sea of innovative ideas that has changed the way we do anything, forever. The simple task of shopping has now been made much simpler by making it possible for you to shop in the middle of the night, on your couch, in your pajamas, from any country you desire and that’s the ultimate dream.
Saudi Arabia is finally recognizing the various benefits of online shopping, some of them are: ...
Not having to deal with crowded lines at the register, the slow credit card machines or when it comes to Saudi women, the missing driver. It is also tremendously convenient for those of us with busy schedules who just don’t have the time to go skipping from store to store.
The absolute advantage of being able to choose from a wide range of different brands and sellers at one stop only. As well as landing the items that are sold-out or unavailable in store.
It is no surprise that you are able to find the same items that are in store for a much better price online, especially if you have a discount coupon. The reason for that is that your items get delivered to you directly from the manufacturer through the Internet, instead of going through a middle-man, which results in higher prices.
It’s amazing how much you can save with online discount coupons; you can get a good deal on almost anything from restaurant meals, hotel bookings to amusement park tickets.
It seems that we never have the time to go look for the perfect gift for a special someone; online shopping now makes that almost effortless. It is now feasible to send your gift across the world on the exact date you want. Wrapped, signed and delivered.
Recently, one of the most talked about issues that we have faced in Saudi is the Male versus Female sales people in women’s lingerie shops. That issue could have been entirely avoided if shopping for those items online was available to us. Some things are better done in the privacy of your own home.
The benefits of online shopping are endless and it is about time that our local businesses seize this opportunity and enter the 21st century digital age, because what’s better then enjoying a great shopping experience from the comfort of your own home? Unfortunately, most Saudi shoppers have yet to be convinced of this worldwide popular shopping method, as they still don’t fully trust websites with their credit card information. We need to take a leap of faith and persuade other shoppers to get into the digital frenzy.
However that did not stop some of the local online shopping websites that are now serving the Kingdom which hopefully proves that they will revitalize their efforts to deliver all kinds of online services from here on out to provide Saudi consumers with the best shopping experience possible...
Best Online Shopping Websites
DJ has listed the best of the best online shopping websites that ship to Saudi Arabia. All offering top deals in all kinds of products. Enjoy shopping from the couch!
Over 450 different Brands and more than 10,000 products, Namshi offers something for everyone; male, female, adult and child. You can be as demanding as you want by selecting a brand, size, color, and price! And the website will do it’s best to search for your desired product.
- Free delivery by Aramex.
- You can pay with Visa, MasterCard,
- PayPal or Cash On Delivery.
- Delivery takes from 3 to 12 working days.
46% of Saudi shoppers access the Internet for online shopping
18-24 year olds are leading online shoppers in Saudi Arabia
26% of consumers plan toshop via mobile phones
MarkaVIP is a member-only online shopping club, giving private access for its members to limited sales on a daily basis on top lifestyle and fashion brands. Members can enjoy sales up to 85% on items that are 100% authentic as they are straight from the official suppliers and brand owners. Best of all, membership is free!
- Delivery fee 25SR.
- You can pay using MasterCard or Visa credit cards, cash on delivery or using PayPal.
- Delivery can take up to one month!
An online retailor offering unlimited branded product lines and established international designers to suit your individual fashion style at the lowest prices.
- Free shipping to Jeddah however customers have to pay for any customs clearance fees that may be applicable to their country.
- Delivery takes a minimum of 7 days to a maximum of 21 working days.
- You can pay with Visa, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal.
A fresh online luxury retailor. Every season, their international buying team selects the most stunning looks and must-have pieces in your wardrobe from the top brands collection to satisfy all different costumers with their individual style and needs.
- You can pay with Visa,MasterCard, and American Express, using PayPal l or by bank transfer.
- Shipping is free if order is more than 200 EUR, if it is less than the fee is 15 EUR.
- Delivery takes 3-4 working days.
Dare N’ Deal: [DEALS]
The easiest way to get unbelievable discounts while uncovering new activities in your city. By checking the website every day or by signing up for their daily notifications, sign up for the deal you desire the most and if enough people sign up, the deal will be activated. They call it collective buying power.
- No charge for cancelation.
- You don’t have to use the deal the same day you buy it.
- Your coupon will be sent by e-mail.
You can buy a deal as a gift for someone else.
The first online private shopping club in the Middle East. Since it’s launching in 2010, Sukar.com has been offering non-stop exclusive deals to its members. A massive selection of over 700 various fashion and lifestyle designer brands, it caters to men, women and children. With whopping retail prices up to 90% off, the sale campaigns are of a limited time period of two to three days only, it’s based on a first-come-first-serve policy.
- You can pay with Visa, MasterCard, using PayPal, CashU or Cash on Delivery.
- You will be notified by e-mail on offers.
- Delivery within a minimum of 3 days.
The best things to do, see, eat and buy in your city presented to you at incredible prices and daily deals. A terrific way to enjoy all your city has to offer without breaking the bank.
- You can pay with Visa, MasterCard, through PayPal, CashU or Cash on Delivery.
- If the deal is cancelled, you won’t be charged
- Each voucher has its own expiry date.
- Cobone voucher is sent via e-mail.
- Delivery charge will be added on cash on delivery.
The desired destination for both sellers and buyers in the region to meet under a single trusted platform, with great daily deals and offers, Souq.com serves the Saudi market well.
- You can pay with visa, MasterCard or cash on delivery.
- Up to 70% discount on the latest products and gadgets.
Anotah is more than a fashion retailor. It is forming significance, as it’s own designer label and lifestyle brand. Inspired by the world, they work with manufacturers to produce collections that are up to standards with the latest trends.
- You can pay with Visa and Mastercard debit cards.
- Shipping is through FedEx and shipping fees will be determined by FedEx themselves.
A digital stationary that aims to change the concept of a stationary in our Arab region to the current modern world we live in. Qurtasyah Products not only helps you save time from your busy day but makes arranging your daily tasks a much more fun experience with its innovative designs and
- Shipping is through FedEx Express.
- Shipping charge is 29 SR.
- Payment is through Pay Pal, Bank transfer to AlAhli Bank, or AlRajhi Bank.
100% authentic worldwide brands, from bags and accessories to gifts and home furniture. Vanilla shop aims to be the number one local stop for everything stylish and elegant.
- Delivery is through FedEx.
- Delivery charge is 30 SR.
- Delivery takes 3 days to a week.
- You can pay by bank transfer, or using PayPal or CashU.
An online store that specializes in handmade products. From iPad cases to coasters and cards, each piece displayed is made purely by hand with great passion and attention to detail. A mastered craft made especially for their customers.
- Delivers straight to your door.
- Delivery takes 1 to 5 days.
- Payment by bank transfer.
It’s considered the first online Women’s clothing retailor in the Arab Region. With the opening of a women’s office in Riyadh to handle the site’s customer service, they are able to service hundreds of clients every month. It also one of the biggest electronic business ventures administrated by females in the Kingdom.
- Delivery through FedEx with a charge of 40 SR.
- Delivery through Zajil with a charge of 10 SR.
- Delivery takes 1 to 3 days.
- Payment by bank transfer.
Created by a small group of designers who are both passionate and have a good eye for design; Sada shop offers a wide range of high quality products designed by talented designers around the world for the entire family. Conveniently located in Riyadh, they promise to deliver your product in a reasonable time, with no high charges on shipping.
- Delivery takes 1 to 3 days.
- Shipping through Aramex.
- Pay by Visa, MasterCard or wire transfer.